Since June 2012 a brand-new version of program for working with the ground penetrating radar EasyRad GPR (in all its modifications) is available.
The program has an enhanced user interface ensuring a higher comfort when using the radar in real time.
For the first time ever in the georadar practice a series of functions, which significantly increase visualization and interpretation of georadar profiles was realized.
Immense volume range of data, obtained by the ground penetrating radar makes the visual analysis of primary, unmodified signal impossible. Even the decreased number of colours in the palette does not enable the healthiest human vision to immediately orientate in such a number of changing in the real-time signals. Often to achieve the desired result of visualization of the georadar data it is necessary to apply series parallel several processes – rather complex processing, which themselves require considerable computer resources.
The aim of processing is the enhancement of useful signals and suppression of noises, interferences, uninformative and false signals.
Our experts achieved the supreme results along with the unique minimal CPU usage (CPU) – less than 10% for the “slowest” computers.
In connection with the high level of radio interferences in industrial places a spectrum analyzer was introduced to the program to visualize the wide range of signals. Due to the taken amplitude-frequency characteristics on the explored object, an operator has an opportunity to evaluate the electromagnetic environment in the operating frequency range in advance and to foresee the maximum possible solutions for quality probing.
In connection with that a signal when going through the subsoil weakens quickly, the signal amplification should increase with the depth deeping to visualize the radiogram profile. That`s why a five-level hand-operated volume controller was applied in the program, whereby the operator can set the required stiffener along the reflected signal trace (in depth of probing).
(Automatic gain control) - incoming data processing, wherein the output signal is automatically kept uninvaded for the amplitude regardless the amplitude of an input signal. AGC is applied for the weak signals amplification and removal of mutilations in the form of signal limitations at high input amplitudes. Keeps the signal within the width of the oscilloscope window in each specific trace for a maximum covering of the colour palette when edging the profile of a radiogram.
- removal of the DC component in a trace. Is applied for correction of deviations of the oscilloscope traces from the middle line as a result of the DC component appearance in the signal (for example, from static electricity).
(background removal) - removal of the constant background in the form of horizontal striations on the radiogram profile. As a rule, it is a fringe pattern of the strong signals impact of `the first surface`. Hereinto are also referred interaction of antennas, impact of a transmitter on a receiving apparatus (`ringing`), etc. Note that any continuous functions in the radiogram data, for example, underground waters or the stratigraphic lines between two type of soil can be removed as well.
(Differentiate) - velocity of the information change also carries information about the resource. Two types of differentiations are applied in the program, alongside with other processing which give the edging of non-homogeneities for determination and visualization of their boundaries. The possibility of regulation of the edging depth at differentiation has been introduced..
(Absolute) - `ac/ dc converter` allows to significantly select non-homogeneities and small-sized targets behind the interferences and non-informative signals.
- moving average method allows to minimize spurious signals at edging the radiogram profile.
transform - allows to calculate the signal orthogonal complement and reflect the full radiant image on the profile for edging along the envelope curve and discrimination of non-homogeneities.
- in case of moving the radar over the rough surface as well as at profoundly changing properties of the surface, the spots of different brightness appear in the profile. To remove these spots as well as for the noise suppression at high magnification of weak signals use the Wavelet Filter.
Demo version EasyRad_v1_Demo can be downloaded here:
Click here to go to sharing service and start downloading the DEMO version of the program.
The program does not require installation and is started from any directory of your computer.
Press `H` (Help) for information. At the first start of the program pleas set the levels of signals and the boundaries of the filter in the spectrum analyzer, pressing Q and F buttons on the keyboard.
• `Z` – start/stop scrolling of a radiogram profile;
• `X` – pause/continue scrolling of the radiogram profile;
• `R` – start/end of SGY file recording (function works with a connected radar);
• `C` – clean window of the radiogram profile;
• `Q` – turn on/ turn off oscilloscope, show/ hide volume controller;
• `G` – grid of oscilloscope trace;
• `1...9` – selection of the color palette for edging the radiogram profile; `0` - switching between the sets of palettes; Using the slider above the chosen palette (above the window of the oscilloscope) it is possible to change the colour relation, at the bottom of the window will appear a digital mark `10` - palette on default;
• `S` – select a file to preview (in EasyRad_v1_Demo version the file selection is not activated);
• `F` – switching to the window of spectrum analyzer; vertical sliders-limiters chose the frequency range of the filter; shifting with the left mouse button of vertical limiters in the real time deletes or restores the required frequency range;
• button `DO` – turn on the frequency filter, `UNDO` - turn off; at the red slider rightward from the blue one will work the band-pass filter, at the red slider leftward - band-stop filter; currently a set of standard interference filters is in the works;
• `L` – change the frequency scale (logarithmic/ linear);
• `K` – turn on/ turn off rescaling after the frequency filter;
• to activate the function Wavelet processing, set the order with figures from 1 to 10, in order to activate a new order change figures and restart the Wavelet;
• at a stopped image a click on the main screen shows the time in ns (nanoseconds), a depth in meters and pulse height; if draw a segment, the angular rate epsilon will be calculated on the main screen;
• `D` – switch a depth of edging Diff for the edge-point linking of non-homogeneities;
• `P` – save the window of the radiogram profile in a bitmap file jpg;
• `O` – turn on the selection mode; moving the cursor on the main screen it is possible to select the desired profile section for visualization and saving;
• `I` – select a port for connection with the radar;
• `H` – help.
Not all functions work in EasyRad_v1_Demo. For example, files selection is not applicable, one demonstration file is wired in program.
Working version of the program EasyRad_v1 is installed on each computer separately. As of today the program costs $300 with subsequent free updates.
CLICK TO VIEW ANNIMATION...
Wait for full download
The program is an independent commercial product and can be used with other ground penetrating radars of new generation.
The current version now EasyRad v1.6.
© 2010-2017, EasyRad GPR